A limited number of Student Travel Grants (STG) is awarded jointly by IEEE ComSoc, IFIP and the IM 2007 Organizing Committee.
To be eligible for one of these STG, the applicant must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- The applicant must be an author and presenter of an accepted (and registered) IM 2007 paper/poster.
- The applicant must be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting the application;
- Applicants may not receive more than one STG in any 12-month period.
The Student Travel Grant is 800 € for students out of Europe and 400€ for students in Europe.
The closing date for IM 2007 STG applications is extended to 30th April 2007.
The STG application and allocation processes are administered via the EDAS system.
When applying for an STG, each applicant must provide the details or one appropriate person who is willing and able to act as referee and recommend the applicant for such an award. The "recommender" will be contacted and asked to provide written support for the applicant's case; this support along with other information provided during the paper review process will be used by the STG jury to determine which individuals receive STG awards.
To apply for a Student Travel Grant, please follow the instructions listed below.
- Log into the EDAS account on http://edas.info
- Select tab "Travel Grants"
- Select the student travel grant for IM 2007
- Input your "recommender's" email address or EDAS ID
- Click "Apply for Grant"